Monday, May 25, 2009

Nigerian Nightmare . . . 5/24/09

This wasn't a DJ job, but a video job and I will never, ever do a Nigerian wedding function ever again! I'm trying to video the wedding, reception, etc, and people kept walking in front of camera. They were rude (not stereotyping all Nigerians as being rude, but the ones at the event), aggressive and I got no sense of direction from anybody. This was my first ever Nigerian event and it was very long. I mean really long. My day started at 1:30 pm and didn't end until 12:30 a.m. But what got me was that this event was at Martin's Crosswinds in Greenbelt, MD and they filled up two rooms. I mean the max was 300 and they were pretty close to that number. Folks had to be turned away and asked to leave because it was a fire hazard.

On a good note, one cool thing is when the bride and groom dance, everybody comes up to them and drops money on them. I mean that is the coolest thing. I saw at least four big shopping bags filled with money ($1, $20s, $50, etc). One thing I did see was a Martin's employee sneak in the crowd and steal a few dollars off the floor. I saw you buddy!! I got you on tape!

No comments:

Post a Comment